This article from Channel News Asia says that preference for eco-friendly products is on the rise in Singapore. That’s good news!
The article cautions, though, that eco-friendly consciousness “will take a long time”. Also, the preference for green products seems to be primary motivated by economic factors, such as saving energy. It’s good to note, though, that “eco-retail, fashion, food and beverage are also on the rise, even if slowly.”
Let’s also hope, too, that this won’t lead to the phenomenon known as greenwashing. Fingers crossed!
Photo by Me.
I’ve been using the Plantex Green Organic Detergent Powder for a couple of months now and I must say I’m pretty satisfied with it. Here’s why:
- It has a clean smell (I’m pretty big on smell…like most Filipinos!)
- It cleans. The caveat (if you may call it that), though, is that you’d have to soak your clothes overnight to get this detergent’s full cleaning effect.
- It really has, as written in the box, a “long-lasting deodorizing effect.” The clothes you’re wearing (washed with this detergent, of course) will really smell fresh and clean all day.
- It uses less water. After soaking, one round of rinsing will wash excess detergent away. Or two, if you want to stay on the safe side. Therefore, it saves on water!
- The used water can be used for cleaning the toilet. Therefore, nothing wasted!
I bought my box from Sessou Nature Source in Trinoma, Quezon City.